Phone: (914) 409-8915
PO Box 166
Burdett, NY 14818
• State Bar of New York
Beren Argetsinger joined Keyes & Fox in August 2015. His practice focuses on legal and policy issues related to the integration of distributed generation and other clean energy technologies on the electric grid. Prior to joining Keyes & Fox, Mr. Argetsinger worked for a non-profit organization in West Virginia on state and federal energy and climate policies. Mr. Argetsinger works out of the firm’s New York office.
- Supported firm efforts to prevent discriminatory rate charges against customers with rooftop solar facilities.
- Supported leading renewable energy companies and advocacy organizations in state regulatory proceedings on net-metering, third-party ownership and sale of renewable energy, and rate design issues that impact customer-sited distributed energy resources.
- Provided policy analysis on proposed Clean Power Plan and recommendations for compliance in West Virginia.
- J.D., Pace University School of Law, 2013 magna cum laude
- Pace Environmental Law Review, Development & Acquisitions Editor
- M.E.M., Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, 2013
- B.S., College of Environmental Science and Forestry, 2001
Professional Honors and Activities
- Member, Energy Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Alumni Member, Emerging Leaders in Environmental and Energy Policy (ELEEP) Network
- The Marcellus Shale: Bridge to a Clean Energy Future or Bridge to Nowhere? Environmental, Energy and Climate Policy Considerations for Shale Gas Development in New York State, 29 Pace Envtl. L. Rev. 321 (2011)
- The Clean Power Plan and West Virginia: Compliance Options and New Economic Opportunities, Center for Energy and Sustainable Development (June 2015) (co-author)